Silicon Sculptor v4.70.0 Windows Release Notes
(Dec 14, 2007)
Note: Attempts to program RTSX-SU and RTSX-S parts with Silicon Sculptor v4.70.0 will fail. An error message displays immediately following the blank check: Sorry: error in algorithm; please call technical support. The RTSX-SU and RTSX-S parts will not be damaged and will not have been programmed. The immediate workaround for programming RTSX-SU and RTSX-S parts is to use Silicon Sculptor v4.68.1. Silicon Sculptor v4.70.1 will be released tomorrow to address this issue.
Silicon Sculptor Windows v4.70.0 is a new general release of the Silicon Sculptor software supporting both the Silicon Sculptor II and Silicon Sculptor 3 programmers. The Silicon Sculptor 3 programmer is a hi-speed USB 2.0-based programmer. This release introduces several new devices in the IGLOO, Fusion, and ProASIC3 families as well as Cortex-M1-enabled versions of many of these devices. Support for a new SM3F-484FG-ACTEL-1 adapter module for programming IGLOO, Fusion, and ProASIC3 devices in the FG484 package is also included. This release enables multiple versions of software, commencing with this release number, to be installed on the same machine. Earlier releases of software still need to be installed stand-alone.
The obsolete programmers Silicon Sculptor I and Silicon Sculptor 6X can no longer be used with this version of the software. These programmers are no longer supported.
This release features everything in prior general and special releases as well as additional items.
Should I upgrade?
All customers should upgrade to this release immediately. In general, Actel always recommends upgrading to the latest general release version of the Silicon Sculptor software. Upgrading to a special release should only be done if notified by email.
- Windows XP with SP1 or SP2
- Windows 2000 with SP1, SP2, SP3 or SP4
- Pentium 133 or higher (Pentium 200 or higher recommended) processor
- 64 MB of available memory for use
- 50 MB of available hard disk space
- VGA or higher-resolution video adapter (SVGA 256-color and 800x600 or higher resolution recommended)
- For Windows 2000 and Windows XP systems, you must have administration rights to the local workstation for installation purposes.
Many new devices have been added to this release, including some new devices in Actel's IGLOO family, the world's lowest power FPGAs.
- Fusion (including ARM7-Enabled and ARM Cortex-M1-Enabled)
- AFS250-FG256 is now supported
- AFS250-QN180 is now supported
- AFS250-PQ208 is now supported
- AGL125V2-QN132 support has been added
- AGL125V5-QN132 support has been added
- AGL125V2-VQ100 support has been added
- AGL125V5-VQ100 support has been added
- AGL600V2-FG484 support has been added
- AGL600V5-FG484 support has been added
- AGL600V2-FG144 support has been added
- AGL600V5-FG144 support has been added
- M1AGL600V2-FG484 support has been added
- M1AGL600V5-FG484 support has been added
- ProASIC3/E (including ARM7-enabled and ARM Cortex-M1-Enabled)
- A3P125-QN132 support has been added
- A3P400-FG484 support has been added
- A3P600-FG484 support has been added
- A3PE1500-PQ208 support has been added
- A3PE1500-FG484 support has been added
- M1A3P250-FG144 support has been added
- M1A3P250-PQ208 support has been added
- M1A3P250-VQ100 support has been added
- M1A3P600-FG484 support has been added
- M1A3P600-FG256 support has been added
- M1A3PE1500-FG484 support has been added
- SARno72612: Added SM3F-484FG-ACTEL-1 socket module support for IGLOO, Fusion, and ProASIC3.
- SARno71264: Allow multiple versions of Silicon Sculptor software to be installed on a single computer. Note that this applies to version of Silicon Sculptor software from v4.70.0 going forward; it does not apply to previous releases.
- SARno69702: Obsolete SM208PQ-ACTEL-2 in Silicon Sculptor v4.70.0
- SARno69000: Silicon Sculptor I and Silicon Sculptor 6X programmers can no longer be used with this software. These programmers are obsolete and users are prevented from using them to program Actel parts in this version of the software and future versions.
- SARno70671: SXA/SXS algorithm revision no longer causes programming failure (affects SXA/SXS/eX)
- SARno68043: Improved error messages
- SARno53315: Act_Verify now has a progress bar which updates while running Act_Verify. The action of the progress bar has been validated on AX and RTAX-S devices. There is no Act_verify command for SXA devices.
- Software fails to run under Microsoft Vista.
Microsoft Vista is not a supported operating system. No programming can be undertaken on Microsoft Vista. You must use an approved operating system listed under Supported Platforms above.
- SARno71628: A3PE1500 and AFS600 STAPL files generated from Designer v8.1 will generate a failure. The workaround is to use STAPL generated by Designer v8.0 SP3 for these two devices.
- Documentation: Please refer to the Silicon Sculptor II and 3 Programmers User's Guide for an overview on getting started with Silicon Sculptor. Although this document references an earlier version of Silicon Sculptor, the general approach still applies to Silicon Sculptor 4.70.0 with the following qualifications:
- The main GUI command tabs have changed. The VfyAndCsum, Checksum, and Dev_Status pulldown options formally available through the Program command tab are now located under the Special Operations command tab.
- If you are using JobMaster with Special Operations, you need to update your JobMaster file.